Recently, I’ve been making some variation on a very simple pasta dish. It’s basically sauteed vegetables, an egg, and pasta. And cheese. (semi-optional.)
For the above, I used:
- A serving of thin spaghetti
- half a zucchini
- A stick of celery
- 1-2 slices of onion (About 1/4 of a small onion.)
- 1-3 tsp butter (possibly more if you’re not using Non-Stick cookware.)
- 1 egg
- Start boiling water for your pasta. While waiting for the water to come to a boil:
- Heat butter in a frying pan
- Chop vegetables
- When butter is heated, add onions, mushrooms, celery, and garlic. (You’ll want to wait on the zucchini, since it takes less time to cook. You could also use spinach here instead, in which case you really want to wait.)
- When water comes to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions. Keep the vegetables sauteing while the pasta is cooking. When there’s only about five minutes left to the pasta, then add the zucchini. Sometime in here, also add cinnamon, basil, and parsley to taste.
- When past is cooked, transfer to the frying pan with the vegetables, add the egg, and stir quickly. (The goal is to coat the hot pasta with the egg, not to have an egg/pasta scramble.)
- When the egg is thoroughly cooked, serve. Add cheese if desired.
- Enjoy your dinner!
The total time for me is usually about 15 minutes or so. It’s a nice, tasty, easy dinner.