A few days ago, I discovered something that gave me an idea… You see, a tomato-cheese sauce kinda “burned” to one of my nonstick pans. But the burnt crispies came up really easily, and were quite tasty.
So tonight, I
abused took advantage of the ease with which crispied cheese escapes nonstick surfaces. I basically combined cheese with some tomato sauce and let it fry in its own oil for a while. It was quite delicious. And really easy, if you have a nonstick pan!
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese. (I used the “pizza blend.”)
- 2 TBSP tomato sauce
- 1 tsp breadcrumbs (optional)
- A pinch of basil (optional)
- Pour ingredients into a nonstick frying pan. Please note, the nonstick is really important.
- Turn heat onto medium low.
- As the cheese is melting, stir with a small spatula.
- When it’s obvious that the sauce has combined, as opposed to cheese floating in the sauce, let sit until bubbling. (Try to make the layer as paper-thin as possible. I used too small a pan for this amount…)
- Depending on the thickness of your materials, you may want to flip it over after a few seconds.
- When the edges are all crispy looking, and it feels changed, it’s basically done. Turn off the heat, let cool.