Sorry for the long delay. I meant to write something over break, but break happened. (In related news, I’ve now beaten both Portal games…)
Anywho, I experimented with a recipe, and I did not expect it to turn out as well as it did, so I have no pictures.
Or real recipe.
Oh well, here it goes. (Please excuse the “ish”es, and all those good stuffs.)
I have no clue what they were sweet experiments
(But they were kindof like a cross between a pound cake, candied pecans, biscuits, and muffinish type thingamabobbers.)
Yes, you read that “tagline” correctly. Unless you read something about “murder” or “unicorns” or something else not actually in the tagline. So maybe you didn’t. And I think I’ve now used enough space to put in the second h2 tag for ingredients, and not completely throw you off visually.
Ingredients (makes 4ish)
- A bit more than 1/4ish Cup flour
- A bit less than 1/4ish Cup sugar
- 1 TBSP butter, plus another tbspish butter, separated.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 8-16 pecans
- about 1stp-ish of brown sugar
- 4 shakes(ish) of cinnamon
- 2-4 TBSP milk
Note: I used a silicone muffin-tin-thing, and made them “upside-down cupcake” things.
- Preheat oven to 350ish.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and 1 tbsp butter in a small mixing bowl, until flaky. Don’t mix too much.
- Add the milk, until you get a slightly sticky batter. Slightly overmix here to get a more chewy consistency. At least, I think that’s what happened. Somebody with time should run an experiment with overmixing / not overmixing, and let me know. 🙂
- Melt the remaining tbsp butter, and pour evenishly into 4 of your muffin-pan things.
- Shake some cinnamon over the butter, and add a pinch (or more, if desired) of brown sugar to each one.
- put 2-4 pecans into the base of each cupthingy.
- Spoon batter into the doohickies.
- Bake until the batter starts to not stick to the sides of the pan.
- Remove from oven
- Make a cup of coffee (nonoptional.)
- Enjoy your “I-have-no-clue-what-the-heck-this-is” with your cup of coffee. (Also nonoptional.)
- Have a great day/night/week/whatever! (Optional.)