Today’s main dish was pretty excellent, if a bit different from what I usually do. And it’s also probably a bit more expensive than you’d normally want. But I am surprised by how much I liked it.
I made a Blue cheese & Pineapple Stuffed Chicken Breast for dinner.
I made a single (boneless, skinless) breast worth. You can (probably) adapt this fairly easily.
- A boneless, skinless chicken breast. I used a fairly large one.
- About 1/4 cup Pineapple. (I used canned.)
- About 1/8 cup blue cheese crumbles. (I did not measure this.)
- About 1/8 cup bread crumbs, plus more for sprinkling.
- Herbs & spices. (I used parsley, basil, paprika, and salt.)
- Preheat oven to about 400 F.
- Line an appropriately sized baking dish with aluminum foil to minimize cleanup. Put a touch of oil and some seasonings onto the bottom. (Optional.)
- Slice the chicken (not all the way through) so that you can stuff it. (You want to have a cavity you can fill.)
- Mix together pineapple, blue cheese, herbs and spices, and bread crumbs in a small bowl. The consistency should not be too liquidy. If it is, add more bread crumbs. Or blue cheese. Or both. 🙂
- Stuff the stuffing into the chicken. (You may want to put the chicken in the baking dish before stuffing. Up to you.)
- Sprinkle the chicken with herbs and more breadcrumbs. (This gives the chicken a bit of extra flavor and crunch.)
- Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Take a picture. (Optional.)