Tonight, I once more made a dinner with chicken drumsticks. (They’re still inexpensive.)
For the recipe tonight, instead of making soup, I roasted them with a bit of seasoned butter. They turned out quite nicely.
- Chicken drumsticks (Skin on)
- 2-3 Tbsp Butter (I used salted this time, and therefore did not include more salt in the recipe)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (minced) (1 clove per Tbsp of butter)
- 1 tbsp(ish) lemon juice
- Large pinch of Basil
- Larger sprinkle of Parsley
- 2 Shakes of paprika (separated)
- Preheat oven to about 425 f.
- Soften butter
- Mix butter with the garlic, lemon juice, and herbs
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, place in a baking pan.
- Put seasoned butter underneath the skin of the chicken, and on top
- Sprinkle the chicken with more lemon juice and a touch more paprika
- Bake until chicken is thoroughly prepared (juices run clear, internal temperature appropriate, etc. For me, I cooked it for about an hour. That may have been overkill. But it worked.)
- Enjoy! I also cooked up some rotini to go with.